Whatever design you choose for your bathroom, the shower door always becomes important item that can affect in overall look of the room. There are a lot of shower door types available out there to choose, one of them is frameless shower doors. This kind of shower door has gained extreme popularity this time and becomes current people favorite. This article will talk about the benefits of installing the frameless shower doors along with simple tips to install them for your bathroom.
5 Benefits to Install Frameless Shower Door in Your Bathroom
Frameless shower doors are basically produced by using materials made of thicker, polished, and tempered safety glass. Those materials make this kind of shower door doesn’t need any support of metal frame. There are 5 benefits you can get from installing shower door with frameless design in your bathroom.
- Adding a Touch of Modern Design for Your Bathroom
Installing the shower door with frameless design can give a touch of modernity to you bathroom since it is the latest trend. The design of the shower door can make your bathroom look more elegant and sophisticated. Installing the shower door with frameless design is one of great ways to elevate your outdated bathroom.
- They Are Durable
One of the nicest things about installing shower doors with frameless design is that they are exceptionally durable. This is because this kind of door is made of thick and safety glass. The door is especially designed to break into small and round pieces only that make them easy to clean.
- Needs Only Little Maintenance
Another thing that makes this shower door with frameless design becomes people favorite is that it only needs little maintenance each time. You only need a cloth or rubber squeegee to clean up the door from soap scum and grime. The absence of metal material in this kind of door also makes it free from corrosion and rust.
- They Can Be Customized
The next benefit you can get from the shower door with frameless design is that it makes it easier for you to get certain design based on your desire. This is because this kind of door can be customized so you can get unique design that is different from the other to perfectly reflect your personality and taste.
- They Make Your Bathroom Looks Larger
One of the benefits of frameless shower doors is that they can give illusion of more space to your bathroom. That makes this kind of shower door is suitable the most for bathroom with little space and gives it airy effect.
Tips to Install Shower Door with Frameless Design
Here are some easy tips you can use to install a shower door with frameless design to meet all your need.
- Keep in mind to pitch in all bottom seats, benches, and seals to make sure that your bathroom will have proper drainage.
- Make sure that you use 135 – degree angles on neo shower any time it is possible for you.
- Make sure that the size of the shower door is not larger than 32 inch. The standard sizes of shower doors are 24, 26, and 28 inches. Meanwhile the maximum height recommended for the frameless shower enclosure is 84 inch.
- You are suggested to not place hand held shower heads or the shower head body spray directly on the glass gasp to avoid water leakage.
- Keep in mind to pick up tempered glass panels that is less than 4 inch in size.
- Keep in mind also to not use raised decorative tile around the Frameless shower doors to avoid notching.